GAIA invests substantial firm capital alongside its partners, which include leading global insurance companies, pension funds, private equity funds, foundations, and high net worth individuals, in real estate opportunities with a focus on superior risk-adjusted returns through active value creation. GAIA invests in a range of property types, including multifamily, condominium conversions, office properties, and select distressed opportunities.
GAIA’s hands-on investment strategy focuses on the following criteria:
Asset Class Preference
- Core- Plus and Value-Add multifamily properties located within large MSAs across the United States
- Condominium conversion opportunities within the greater New York MSA
- Opportunistic repositioning of unsold condominium units and distressed investment opportunities requiring additional capital
- Opportunistic investments in emerging neighborhoods within the New York MSA
GAIA is focused on primary and secondary markets in the United States. Markets of interest include locations along the East Coast and Sun Belt region.
- Major metropolitan areas
- Markets with a sustainable renter population and a stable, diverse employer base
- Strong market fundamentals
- Compelling supply/demand imbalance
- Stable cash flow and a strong potential for an increased NOI
- Flexible product/property that allows for multiple exit strategies
- Acquisition of product below replacement cost
$50mil and up, with a preference to portfolios and larger transactions. In NYC, transactions as small as $5mil may be considered
Varies, contingent upon product type and strategy. All-cash transactions may be feasible.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any inquires regarding acquisitions or dispositions.